Prospect – Behind the Scenes – Aurelac Case

Prospect, the film I worked on last year building and finishing props and sets, is now scheduled for theatrical release nationwide starting November 2nd. With that, I’ve been given the okay to do a handful of behind-the-scenes posts about a couple of the things I made for the movie. I’m only going to share some of my photos of items that appeared in the trailer because I don’t want to spoil anything!

Screenshot from the trailer of the Aurelac case.

I was handed a pelican case and asked to make it look cool for displaying a cache of Aurelac. I started by cutting a layer of EVA foam to fit the lid and over the normal Pelican foam.

I decided 9 octagons would look pretty cool, so I drew it out and then scored the foam with my snap blade.I then heat sealed the foam with a heat gun which also got the lines to pop. This ensured that the very top edges were sharp and crisp.I then proceeded to cut the octagons out all the way through the foam.I then dug out some squares from the Pelican foam and tacked down a length of cottom tube sleeve to make a pocket for sign off from the Production Designer and Director.I got the green light so did the rest. The socks were held down with Super77.I then glued the EVA foam down with Super77 and loaded up the Aurelac!

1 thought on “Prospect – Behind the Scenes – Aurelac Case”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.