Halloween is Coming
It’s time to start thinking about Halloween! My availability is filling up fast so if you, your kids, or someone you know want to order a custom prop make sure to contact me soon! My four-year-old finally decided on a costume for himself and his little sister, and they’re going to be adorable. I can’t wait to share the full thing, but for now here’s a sliver. Any guesses?
Cons, Cons, Cons
September is the MONTH OF CONS. I will be attending a con almost every weekend this month, and I can’t wait! I’m participating in a lot of cosplay related events, especially those that match my biggest interests–cosplaying as a family and translating on screen and animated objects into real life.
PAX West : 9/1-9/4
From this Friday to Monday I’ll be attending PAX West for the fourth year in a row. I’m looking forward, as always, to seeing old friends, meeting new friends, and playing games. This year I’m also privileged to participate in a few exciting cosplay events that are open to the public. If you’re in Seattle, I hope to see you there!
- I’ll be one of the Cosplay Heroes for Cosplay, Tech, & Beyond. Find me and snap a selfie to participate in the scavenger hunt raffle and win cool prizes!
- I’ll be hosting the ‘Screen to Cosplay: Making Fantasy Into Reality’ Panel at Cosplay, Tech, & Beyond from 3 to 4pm on Saturday at The Hello (720 Seneca Ave, right across freeway park from the convention center).
- I’m one of the judges at the NW Nerd Podcast Cosplay Contest and PAX Afterparty at Raygun Lounge from 7:30pm to midnight on Saturday.
Rose City Comic Con : 9/8-9/10
The following weekend I’ll be in Portland for Rose City Comic Con. I’ll be moderating two exciting panels at the Con:
- Screen to Reality on Saturday from 5 to 6pm in Room 7
- The Art of Family Cosplay on Sunday from 3:30 to 4:30pm in Room 8
Renton City Comicon : 9/15-9/16
The next weekend it’s right through to RenCon. I’m excited to return to this convention for its second year, especially since last year I won their costume contest with my Ashitaka! I’ll be participating at a lot of events at this con, so hopefully you’ll be able to find me there. The final schedule is still TBD but keep an eye on my site and social media for final details.
- VIP Party Friday Night
- Pre-judge for the Cosplay Contest on Saturday
- The Art of Family Cosplay Panel
- Vlogging, Blogging, and Podcasting Panel
GeekGirlCon : 9/30-10/1
I get a one weekend break and then it’s GeekGirlCon 9/30-10/1. I’ll be on one panel there, 3D Printing Nitty Gritty! A primer for designing for and creating with 3D printers on Saturday from 1 to 2pm. And I’ll also be unveiling a brand new father-daughter cosplay (our first)!
Finally, I wanted to announce some exciting new additions to my shop–the Ring of Lucii from Final Fantasy XV and a new Version 2.0 Bayard from Voltron: Legendary Defender. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact me about a custom order!
Work in Progress
I’ll sign off with a sneak peek of an upcoming project, look for it to be available in the store next month!
Want my monthly newsletter and updates sent directly to your inbox? Sign-up for the newsletter!